[THIN] Re: Local printers will not map

  • From: "Clark Turner" <CTurner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:10:52 -0700

I have tried that. I just rebooted the machine. Still no client printer a=
utocreate. Stumped and nobody can print.=20

One very odd thing I noticed is that on the server console under printers=
 there where about 15 printers setup.  Normally there are none.. these pr=
inters where labeled  Client\(machine name)\HPdeskjet ect... I cleared th=
em all out. These must have been the clients local printer icons that whe=
re left over. Normally they disappear when the client logsoff.

CT

>>> rwilson@xxxxxxxxxx 3/31/2003 2:00:31 PM >>>

I've had this problem before and while I don't know what caused it, I
have had success in rebooting the server and having it work again.
Sorry.

Ron Wilson

>>> CTurner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/31/03 03:45PM >>>

On our metaframe server with 2k the local printers on the dial up
machine=3D
s would map to the session. Today this stopped. Cant seem to get the
loca=3D
l printers to map over no matter what I do. We use AD and I removed the
S=3D
erver from the GPO. Logged in on a laptop with an epson on the local
LPT =3D
port. Used the admin and user accounts and the printer is not mapped. I
o=3D
nly see the option to disable client printer mapping and its not
checked.=3D
 Are there any other settings that could be preventing this?

Thanks!

Clark

The information in this E-mail message is confidential and for=3D20
the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the=3D20
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any=3D20
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this information=3D20
is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in=3D20
error, please notify the sender immediately.  Blue Cross and=3D20
Blue Shield of Arizona, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates=3D20
are not responsible for errors, omissions or personal comments=3D20
in this E-mail message.
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm=20

The information in this E-mail message is confidential and for=20
the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the=20
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any=20
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this information=20
is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in=20
error, please notify the sender immediately.  Blue Cross and=20
Blue Shield of Arizona, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates=20
are not responsible for errors, omissions or personal comments=20
in this E-mail message.