[THIN] Local Drive files disappearing...

  • From: "Carlos Sanabria" <csanabria@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:08:53 -0500

Hi guys,

Today I saw one of the most awkward things happen to a client (although at
times I think I'm saying a couple of times a week, but anyway...):

This person launches Excel and everything is working fine, he can open files
on his local hard drive by going to File -> Open and selecting the "D$ on
'Client'", until he opens this one Excel spreadsheet that hides everything
from his local hard drive. I am not kidding, after opening the spreadsheet,
if you go to File -> Open, the D: Drive has no files! Tried opening a
Command Console, and doing "dir d:" to get a "File not Found", that is an
empty drive. If you close the spreadsheet everything goes back to normal.
Theonly strange thing about the spreadsheet is that it has a Macro that
reads from a text file from "D:\Folder1\File.txt".

If anyone has seen this before I would greatly appreciate the help.

Here are the specs, by the way:
Server: MF XP FR2 on W2K SP3
Client: Win32 PNAgent 6.31.1051 on Win95
Application: Excel 2002 (no SP, I have to install it...)

Thanks,

Carlos Sanabria, MCSA, CCA
IT Consultant