[THIN] Load balancing and such

  • From: bbeckett2000@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:39:51 +0000

Ok this is really a newbie-ish type of question so I apologize up front.

We are running PS 4.0 on Windows 2003 servers. Published apps, published
desktops and other desktops connections are all used. With published apps, load
balancing is of course used. What if a particular server in a group of say 6 is
having some type of connection issue. Regardless of the actual issue, be it
hardware, network, memory, really anything that prevents a client from
establishing a session with a particular server, we'll call it Server A.

Server A is having some type of problem so it has the least number of users on
it. So I launch a published app and the load balancing is going to try to
connect me to Server A as it is being used the least, correct or incorrect?