[THIN] Load Balancing problem if server loose communication with datacollector

  • From: Christophe MORVAN <christophe.morvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:04:14 +0200

Hi all,

We are actually using several load balanced WTSE NT4 SP6 +  MFXP 1.0 FR1
SP1 for our ICA Clients.

We are experiencing the following problem :
When one of our servers gets stuck (users cannot proceed through the
login process, or tsadmin doesn't respond and show a question mark for
the specified server, or no response to the query user command ......),
the load evaluator for load balancing  on this server doesn't refresh
its current load anymore on the datacollector. As IMA is working fine,
our datacollector still considers the server available and keep on
sending  users to this server.

It seems like the datacollector never checks the last update of the
evaluator, in order to discard any stuck server  from its load balancing
list.

The result of this behaviour : Load Balancing prevents users from
opening a session in the CITRIX FARM.
Today, when this phenomenon appears, we manually remove the server from
the published application definition through the CMC. After the server
reboots, we add it back in the published application definition.

Any idea if this behaviour is corrected with W2003 ou MFXP FR3 SP3, any
specific hotfix ?
Do you know a mean to prevent "automatically" such a stuck server from
being used by Load Balancing ?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

--