[THIN] Load Balanced

  • From: craig batch <techpro17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 05:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

New to Presentation Server and I have a question regarding load balancing and
published applications. We have a small 4.0 farm with 3 servers, right now load
balancing is not enabled. I have published a home grown app in the farm. Under
the properties of the app, under servers, I have chosen all 3 servers for the
app to be available. The app is installed on all 3 servers in an identical
config.

  Still in a test phase, I have about 20 users testing the new farm and
launching this application. We are just creating an icon on the user's desktop
to launch the app. With about 15 users in right now, I see 6 on one server, 7
on one and 6 on the other. So my question is what's the difference between this
config and using load balancing?