[THIN] Re: Live Coverage of Utility Computing World 2004

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:53:10 -0700

Brian,=20

I think the kinds of things these vendors need to address are automatic
server configuration/provisioning and admin tools that allow users =
granular
access to specfic resources through a single interface. While the =
Utility
Computing model sounds great, it seems to still require the same manual
intervention to enable and deploy resources and hasn't yet risen to the
level that a well designed Citrix farm, or RLX Blade server farm, =
already
functions at.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg