[THIN] "Linuxframe"?

  • From: "Connor Durflinger" <cdurflinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:46:34 -0500

Hi folks;

This is more of a general discussion topic than a specific question.
Has anyone implemented a Linux-based terminal server setup, using
StarOffice or similar applications, and an Xserver or VNC as the remote
client? =20

If so, I'd love to hear about your experiences, especially in terms of
how it came out in terms of support hours and engineering time,
application compatability and user uptake.

I'm imagining such a rollout would be a lot more successful in a heavily
locked-down environment that runs a majority of in-house vertical
applications, such as a bank or retail outlet, than in a general-purpose
environment like a law firm or accounting firm.

Connor Durflinger
Sr. Network Engineer
New England Network Group
cdurflinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx