[THIN] Re: Linux and Vmware how to ?

  • From: Puneet Goel <g.puneet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:59:16 +0530

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes! I am talking about the second one you, mentioned "HP" and "IGEL".
 I have a doubt, if they are just using a protocol like RDP or ICA how
come vmware is certifying those thin clients for VDM 2.1 or VDM 2.0

Are they doing something else as well. I have not seen those clients
so wondering how to do this. If i install just rdesktop or ICA on my
local Linux host OS, does that mean my system is also VDM 2.1 or 2.0
compatible ?

Regards,
Puneet

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Steve Greenberg <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Puneet,
>
> What type of compatibility are you asking about? Are you asking about taking
> a LINUX physical machine and moving it to VMWare to run as a guest OS
> (virtual machine)?
>
> The HP and IGEL thin clients run LINUX on the client as the local OS user a
> remote desktop protocol to connect to a virtual machine running on VMWare
> and display it on the client.....
>

> Steve Greenberg
> Thin Client Computing
> 34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453