[THIN] Re: Limit Roaming profiles on a specific server?

  • From: "TheThin" <TheThin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:28:42 -0500

We accomplished this through a roundabout way.  Our sole NT4 TS was
across the wan from our farm and we didn't want the profiles to download
across the T1.  We set the "detect slow wan link" setting to either 0 or
1 seconds, and the server couldn't pull the profile down fast enough,
and bypassed it. =20

Another workaround solution is to use a variable in the TS Profile Path
field for each user i.e. %profilepath%\%username%.  Set a global
environment variable on each terminal server for profile path as
follows:

NT4 Server - \\server\profiles$\nt4=20

2000 Server - \\server\profiles$\W2K

This allows you to have a different roaming profile for each OS.  It is
a little clumsy, but we used it during our migration to 2000, and it
worked well for us.