[THIN] Limit Roaming profiles on a specific server?

  • From: "Coons,Jim" <JCOONS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:22:13 -0600

Is there a way to set up roaming profiles for explicit users on one server
and disable roaming profiles for those same explicit user accounts on
another server?  We have a scenario where we implement our applications on
separate servers from Office on other applications that require a roaming
profile.  We would like the ability to use explicit published applications
on our application servers, but not pull the roaming profile down every
time.  We've suggested to clients to use anonymous apps on our application
servers, but they don't like not being able to identify the user logged in
via the CMC.

I wish Microsoft would just add this functionality.  Let me know if there is
any "script magic" that can do this?

Thanks,

Jim Coons Jr  MCSE, CCA
Technical Architect - Win32 and Thin Client Platforms
Advanced Technology Group - End User Computing
Email - jcoons@xxxxxxxxxx
Pmail - 816-201-2367
Pager - 888-629-3945
Cerner Corporation - www.cerner.com