[THIN] Re: Licensing again

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:23:02 -0600

That is correct. A Windows 2000 server cannot issue Windows 2003 TS
CALs. A Windows 2003 licensing server can issue TS CALs for Windows 2000
and for Windows 2003.

Strictly speaking, you do NOT need to run a Windows 2000 license server
on a DC in some situations, but it's generally an accepted practice to
do so.