[THIN] Re: Licensing Vista for VDI - Are you ready for VDI Maybe not

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 13:18:00 -0500

in other words, they just want us to keep buying desktops from authorized
resellers like Dell and HP and keep sending them money on SA deals.

the only way to know you are correctly licensing Microsoft's products is to
figure out the absolute most expensive scenario possible.  That will be the
one that is compliant.

:^)

the ony way I can see to come out ahead is to virtualize with 2003
enterprise and run your five free windows 2003 standard virtually as
terminal servers.  Heck, you would almost be better off to VDI everyone
their own 2003 server rather than XP or Vista.

Greg