[THIN] Re: Licensing Vista for VDI - Are you ready for VDI Maybe not

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:56:24 -0700

Based on what they told us in Redmond at the MVP summit the VECD is required
to virtualize Vista as Jim said. BTW, he was pretty vocal about it in the
meeting so don't assume that is on board with the crap!

What I am not clear on is whether not you can simply buy another copy for
the purpose of running it virtually.

I am under the impression that older XP's are allowed to be run virtually
"as is" without VECD but I was sure about that I would be a billionaire and
not doing this for a living :-)

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453