[THIN] Re: License costs for upgrade

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:49:24 -0800

Andrew,

Upgrade to Win2K with MetaFrame XP on it!

For my taste step-by-step upgrade is not right. This should be a new install
with carefully planned Active Directory. Potential integration with Exchange
2000, etc. etc.

It is nice to get the latest MetaFrame XP, however you will definitely see
the difference when you move to Win2K. Remember that MetaFrame is not a
WinFrame - this is just an application (a nice one) on top of OS.
TSE had too many compatibility problems (DCOM for example).

So, settle your priorities and think about Win2K with MetaFrame XP. And try
NOT TO UPGRADE - REINSTALL!!! These days you get MetaFrame with
subscription.

ALEX