[THIN] License Warning

  • From: TBrookus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:05:41 -0600

Why would adding a server to the farm, removing a server from the farm, or
essentially doing anything with licenses (adding/removing/etc) generate the
XP license warning (the no licenses warning) message to everyone logged
into the farm except administrators?  I've had this issue since the
beginning of the farm, and have always been curious about why it feels the
need to alert everyone.  Currently on MF XP FR1 SP2 on Win TSE SP6 with SQL
datastore, but have had the problem since the beginning of XP.

I could understand if there was something broke and caused this message,
but I don't understand why something as simple as adding a license freaks
it out.

Any one ever seen this?

Thanks,
Tony