[THIN] Re: License Confirmation question

  • From: Christopher_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:46:34 -0500

Sounds, right, Justin.

TS cals are per device, and Citrix licenses are per concurrent connection.

"Justin Martin" <jmartin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/16/2003 09:57 AM
Please respond to thin

        To:     <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [THIN] License Confirmation question

Just want to make sure that I am understanding this.

I have a Windows 2000 server running Citrix XP. My copy of Windows 2000
came with 1 Server License and 25 User Licenses, I also have only 5 Citrix
User Licenses. I am under the impression that I now need to buy some
Terminal Services Licenses.

My real question is this - if I need up to 25 staff to connect to the
Citrix box what Licenses will I be required to buy right now. Only 3-5
users will be on the Citrix box at any given time. I want to install and
connect from 25 machines outside our network. Am I right thinking that I
will need to purchase 25 Terminal Server Licenses and I should not need to
buy any Citrix Licenses until I have more then 5 concurrent connections?

Thanks
Justin