[THIN] Re: Lexmark X6170 All-in-one

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:00:17 -0500

That it conencts means that the system is able to see it and autocreate a =
queue for it on the server. It sounds now like the driver you're mapping =
is not compatible. You can try mapping to various drivers and testing. An =
additional resource is printingsupport.com. They have listings of printers =
and drivers that have been tested.

Good luck.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> Melvin.Columna@xxxxxxxxx 03/10/04 02:41PM >>>
OK, when I run the printcfg.exe utility, I do see the printer listed.  I
then click on Connect and it now appears as an available printer.  =
However,
when it is done spooling, nothing comes out of the printer... no noise, no
garbled printout... nothing.

My printer driver name is listed exactly as what the tool shows "Lexmark
X6100 Series"

If I select my HP LJ 4 on LPT1, it shoots out just fine.

Did I fail to mention that this is a USB printer?  The port is called =
USB001

What next? We're getting closer!