[THIN] Re: Lexmark T622 finisher issue

  • From: LeRoy Grider <leroygrider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

I had a similar issue with the lexmark drivers,
however I found that MS word Page setup will override
the printer driver settings and that was what was
causing my issue.

--- Pavlo Ignatusha <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, folks
>
> I wonder if somebody had this problem before. I have
> a Lexmark T622 with a
> StapleSmart Finisher on top of it. This printer is
> set up on the NT 4
> printserver. This NT 4 printserver is imported into
> the MF XPa farm and the
> driver is current  (V7.4). If I install this printer
> as a network printer on
> the client W95/98/2000 PC I add Finisher in the the
> "device" tab of the
> driver settings and I can see settings for stapling.
> When I print from the
> local client's MS Word it's actually stapling. Now
> if I go to MS Word from
> the Citrix session (we publish applications) I see
> both printers - the one
> delivered by Citrix from the printserver and the
> client printer, autocreated
> from the user session. In the properties of the
> Lexmark T622 delivered off
> the printserver I see finisher on the printer
> picture (feature of Lexmark
> driver) and I see the stapling menu. But if I print
> and select stapling it
> doesn't staple at all. If I go to the properties of
> the autocrreated T622
> printer I first don't see finisher at all (default
> printer configuration).
> If I log on to the server's desktop and add the
> finisher through the
> "device" tab of this autocreated printer tthe
> finisher shows up and I can
> see stapling menu from MS Word. Once I log off and
> log back in I still see
> finisher on the printer properties picture, but the
> stapling menu is no
> longer there. To simplify tracking things down I
> always log in to the same
> server and I do not use roaming profiles yet (this
> user's profile is stored
> locally on the terminal server and it does work, I
> tested it).
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated
>
> Pavlo Ignatusha
> Systems and Network Coordinator
> Pembroke General Hospital
> Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
> Fax. (613) 732-9986
> www.pemgenhos.org
>
> "All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.
>

> ===================================
> This weeks Sponsor:
> ThinPrint
> - High resolution, DRIVER FREE PRINTING with no loss
> of quality in color.
> - Removes print spooling and rendering tasks from
> your terminal server.
> http://www.thinprint.com
>
> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

=====
Life is too short to get up each day and go to a job that you do not LOVE!

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com