[THIN] Re: Legal logon notice

  • From: Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:14:10 -0400

My suggestion would be to switch over to Web Interface, then you could
do it.  Other than that, it's possible there's a hack out there
somewhere.  Or set at the server that the user must be prompted for
password.  I believe that would shut off the auto logon to the
applications..

Jeff Pitsch

On 5/17/05, BRUTON, Malcolm, FM <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Guys
>

> Looking for a way to display a legal logon notice to user before they log
> onto any citrix application.  This includes before they actually enumerate
> their applications.
>

> For instance if I set the MS policy to turn on a legal logon notice via AD
> then if a user users Citrix PN to access applications they are prompted for
> credentials (without pass-through turned on) and then displayed their
> applications.  They then launch say word which will display the legal logon
> notice and takes them into the app.
>

> If you think about this, it is slightly flawed.  Normally with a XP machine
> when you hit ctrl-alt-del the message is displayed and then you enter your
> credentials.  The reasoning is if you don't agree with the terms and
> conditions don't log on.
>

> The only way I can think of doing this is using a custom Web Interface
> server to display the message and get a user to click OK before continuing
> to the logon page.
>

> Thoughts or ideas how to cope with this.  We also hopefully need to display
> different logon messages to different sets of users before they log on !!!
>

> Malcolm

> The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered
> Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
> Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
>
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the
> addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other
> than the addressee, please return the message to the sender
> by replying to it and then delete the message from your
> computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The
> Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for
> changes made to this message after it was sent.
>
> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the
> transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
> ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this
> message and any attachments will not adversely affect its
> systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
> Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
> out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.
> Visit our websites at:
> http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM
> http://www.rbsmarkets.com

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH