[THIN] Launching two apps with one published app, can it be done?

  • From: Mario Villarreal <MarioV@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:53:14 -0700

Hello
I'm trying to launch outlook at the same time an in house program is
launched.  The trick is that we need it be in the same session.  We're
trying to avoid giving this customer a full desktop.  Our in house app needs
to view outlook from within the same session to send reports via email.  I
published outlook and our in house app, but still could not email from with
our inhouse app.  We are using crystal reports to email from our in house
app but it cannot see the email client running as a separate published app.
Am I stuck with giving the customer a desktop?
Thanks for your input and advice
Mario

System Specs: W2K SP3, MF1.8, NT Domain, Exchange 5.5, Crystal Reports 8.5