[THIN] Late Reminders in OutlookXP

  • From: Bruce Jarrett-Norton <bjarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:33:45 -0400

We have done some research here and found that the problem exists when you
login to TS with the ica v. rdp session.
If you use rdp it works fine but the ica does not work.
Further research from Microsoft states that the problem is a registry
setting that is not there initially, for each user on the Citrix server, but
is written when they log into Outlook.
The reason your fix works, is that the registry setting is in place when the
user logs in for the second time.  We have been told by MS that they are
supposedly working with Citrix to resolve this issue.

Hope this helps

-Bruce Jarrett-Norton
Dart Energy Corporation
Network and Desktop Tech.

From: Michael <indy019@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Late Reminders in OutlookXP

We found the following workaround on our servers:

User logs on
Open Outlook
Close Outlook
Open Outlook
Reminders work!

Of course this only lasts for that session, and has to
be completed at every logon, but it keeps the loudest
users quiet for the time being.

I hope this helps.

Michael Saul