[THIN] Re: Lanch app through environment tab using WI

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:18:37 -0000

...sorry still a bit lost ... for a moment I thought you were asking if you
could configure Citrix to allow a connection to an individual desktop pc's
desktop.

When you say '2000 TS' you mean a Windows 2000 Terminal Server? So, your
users are connecting to their fat desktop (using remote administrator), then
connecting via RDP (from their desktop) to a Windows 2000 Terminal Server
hosted on the Terminal Server to run ... their desktop?  And you've added
Citrix to this Terminal Server - or replaced the W2k Terminal Server with a
W2k3 Citrix Server?

In which case - you've now got the option of allowing your users to securely
connect to the Citrix Server from their remote machines without the need for
Remote Administrator.

As for why you should pay for a program - I'd agree, why indeed. Unless
there was some specific need to connect to your desktop for an application
or something - which it appears there isn't.

  _____