[THIN] Re: KB: CTX113039 - A Screen Saver Appears in a Seamless Session When Idle

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:50:25 -0000

Why not block inheritance on that gpo?

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Matt Kosht
Sent: 15 February 2008 16:34
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: KB: CTX113039 - A Screen Saver Appears in a Seamless
Session When Idle

I am getting some flak from our users on this. My company set a 20 min
blank screen saver with password protection on the GPO that affects
our Citrix servers.  This is what I want for thin clients/desktop
sessions. Does any one have a canned public domain script or program
that can turn it off when launching a seamless app?  If not I will try
writing one, but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.
-matt

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX113039

> Document ID: CTX113039, Created on: Apr 30, 2007, Updated: Apr 30, 2007
>
> Products: Citrix MetaFrame XP 1.0 for Microsoft Windows 2000, Citrix
> MetaFrame XP 1.0 for Microsoft Windows 2003, Citrix MetaFrame Presentation
> Server 3.0 for Microsoft Windows 2000, Citrix MetaFrame Presentation
Server
> 3.0 for Microsoft Windows 2003, Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 for
Microsoft
> Windows 2000, Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 for Microsoft Windows 2003,
> Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 for Windows Server 2003, Citrix
Presentation
> Server 4.5 for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
>

> Symptoms
>
> When working in a seamless application, a screen saver appears after
leaving
> the session idle.
>
> Troubleshooting
>
> By design, Citrix disables screen savers for published applications.
Active