[THIN] Re: Java Versions...

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:38:59 -0600

Easiest method: uninstall the newer Java, install PS, and then install the
newer Java.

I found this article for the 3.0 CMC. It includes a transform to use any
version of 1.4.2.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106292
<http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106292&searchID=10539679>
&searchID=10539679

I thought there was another article for PS 4.0 but I can't find it right now.
The problem is the Java registry keys. If
you have another server with Citrix installed, you can export the Java keys and
import them into this new server and it
should work or you can do a registry comparison. I think the offending registry
key is HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java
Runtime Environment\1.4. It needs to point to the 1.4.2_06 path. If a newer
version is installed, the newer path will be
used instead. For example, if you install 1.5 first, then install PS 4.0, the
1.4 key will not be created.

  _____