[THIN] Re: Java Based Tools On Citrix Servers - OK, or Not?

  • From: Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:21:18 -0000

Bernd,

My concern would be the impact the JRE engine actually has on the
performance of the system given the amount of memory it consumes and also I
seem to recall a java app can only run in a single thread or is this pooh !
Don't do much Java  anymore so not sure about the threading issue but have
seen JRE consume lot's of (virtual) memory obviously causing system
performance drop off's.

If there's a way to protect the JRE environment from excessive memory usage
that would be neat IMHO - guess the answer from your list below if pushed
would be 2

Mark

  _____