[THIN] J2SE update and the Citrix CMC

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 14:28:51 -0400

I updated my Java Engine to the latest version 5 update 4 and I
uninstalled the older versions of Java Engine 1.4.1 however the Citrix
CMC stops working. So I reinstalled the CMC off the CD but it installed
once again an older version of Java. So when I look under Add/ Remove
programs I see the new 5 version plus the older version that shipped on
the Citrix CD. How do I get the Citrix CMC to work using only the new
version of the java engine?

I'm trying to keep my Java Engine up to date for security reasons as we
do have people browsing the Internet through Citrix. I don't really
understand if having an older java with a new java on the same computer
if that effetely gives you all the security risks of the older
versions...I would think it does. My environment is Win2K SP4 with
Rollup 1, Citrix XPA with SP4 and FR3 and the Rollup 1 hot fix.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice!

Senior Network Administrator