[THIN] Re: Is there free XenServer training?

  • From: "Webster" <Webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:34:27 -0500

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeff Pitsch
Subject: [THIN] Re: Is there free XenServer training?

Actually how do you get to these anyways?  I might be able to get the
customer to pay for one or two of them.

If you are a Citrix Partner or know one:

Significant Savings for the Citrix Partner Network

Citrix Partners can take a deep dive into Citrix  XenServer with this
exclusive offer through June 30, 2009.

Special Offer Information
Earn a CCA for Citrix XenServer Enterprise Edition 5 for only $325 USD!
This is a saving of over $1800 USD off of the suggested retail price for
customers. This offer includes:

*       Access to CXS-200-1W Implementing Citrix XenServer Enterprise
Edition 5.0 - a self-paced online course with 50 hours of virtual lab time!*
(Full Course Description
<https://outlook.sarcom.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://outlook.sarcom
.com/Exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://outlook.sarcom.com/Exchweb/bin/redir.
asp?URL=http://www.citrixtraining.com/uploadfiles/1/courses/CXS-200-1W_cours
e_description.pdf> )
*       An exam voucher for 1Y0-A09 Implementing Citrix XenServer Enterprise
Edition
<https://outlook.sarcom.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://outlook.sarcom
.com/Exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://outlook.sarcom.com/Exchweb/bin/redir.
asp?URL=http://citrixtraining.com/courses/course_view.cfm/course_id:236>
5.0, the requirement for the CCA for Citrix XenServer Enterprise Edition 5.

To register, please contact the parties noted below.

*       US: Contact Ingram Micro at citrix-licensing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
1-800-456-8000 ext 76484

My current employer is so large I couldn't get anyone's help in getting this
class.  I e-mailed my former employer and they had me hooked up within 2
minutes (nice to have good relationships with former employers).  Since the
exam costs $150, that makes the class only $175.  I am taking the online
class as we type.  I had issues with Lab 1 and it took Citrix or Accenture
73 hours to fix it.  Told SC, so much for his "Ten to Xen"! J

If you are in the US, maybe I could get my former employer to get you this
class also.

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeff Pitsch
Subject: [THIN] Is there free XenServer training?

Or a decent guide for newbies for XenServer?  No the admin guide is not the
answer I'm looking for :)

Did you go to Summit in Vegas?

Attention Summit Attendees: Your 'Virtualization Starter Pack' Training is
Coming Soon!

As a benefit of attending Summit 2009, attendees will receive access to a
bundle of the latest virtualization product training courses, designed to
give you hands-on, in-depth knowledge of Citrix virtualization solutions.
This package includes five training courses with eight days of content and
30 days of lab time for four Citrix technologies - a combined retail value
of $6,000 USD! The 'Virtualization Starter Pack' includes:

*       CXS-200-1W Implementing Citrix XenServer Enterprise Edition 5.0
(2-days training)
*       CPV-200P-1W Implementing Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0 (2-days
training)
*       CXD-200P-1W Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 3 (2-days training)
*       CEX-100-1W Introducing Citrix Essentials for XenServer 5.5 (1-day
training)
*       CEV-100-1W Getting Started with Citrix Essentials for Hyper-V (1-day
training)

All courses are self-paced, online, and available 24/7. Training access
vouchers will be distributed in the first week in July, with vouchers good
through the end of the year. You are entitled to one 'Virtualization Starter
Pack' per paid registrant that attended Summit 2009, which can be used by
anyone in your organization.

 Webster