[THIN] Re: : Is there an easy way to change the ws name setting in the Citrix key?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <citrixse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:14:37 -0400

Well it seems it is a bigger issue than I thought...
Deleting the key works fine IF you give users access to PN.  The next time
you open PN the key is recreated.
Issues?
Well...
1. We use a desktop ICA file or Nfuse to launch our apps...therefore our
users never see or do not have access to PN.
(I know NFuse uses the web client...but the ICA file uses the full client,
therein lies the problem)

2. When you delete the key using a reg file it deletes all subcomponents of
the key. Then when you rerun PN it tries to             recreate it and
instead it starts a new installation of the client.  Deleting the key and
then restoring with a Reg file that does not have the client variable and
THEN opening PN is the only way to do it and is the only way around it. Very
untidy.

3. A blank entry will cause even more havoc as it will be the first in the
list and everyone will be printing to that                  machine.

4. Once this value is set...if it is set wrong, subsequent opening of PN
does not fix it...you still have the problem and your user can't print.

Best solution so far...connect to each registry and do it manually. How we
got 200 machines out before noticing this is beyond me.

John Vorchak sent me an exe to put in a script that will read the machine
name and replace this entry that I am going to test tommorow.  I'll keep you
all posted.  I BET I am not the only one with this problem.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net