[THIN] Is there a way to automatically download the activex controls when doing application launching?

  • From: Matt McComas <Matt.McComas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:24:54 -0600

Greetings,

Because of our unique environment, and the use of Novell Application
Launcher within our Metaframe XP farm, we are exploring ways to do
application launching from a web page so that users can get easy access to
the published application.  We've explored NFuse, but it may not be suited
to our purposes because of complications with NDS.  What we're wondering is
if there is a way to set up an html page which will not only provide the
link to the ICA file, but also provide automated download of the latest
activex controls so that the ica session can be initiated.  We need this
since most of our users do not have the ICA32 client installed or available
to them.

If we could get a hold of some sample code which would allow us to
automatically download these active x controls that would be great.

Thanks,

Matthew McComas
LAN Technician
RadioShack Corporation