[THIN] Re: Is there a way to automatically download the activex c ontrols when doing application launching?

  • From: Matt McComas <Matt.McComas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:41:15 -0600

Certainly.  NFuse has given us problems because it does not support
pass-thru authentication w/ NDS contextless logins.  In other words, our
uses would be required to traverse two layers of authentication instead of
one.  What we would like to do is point our users to a url which contains a
hyper-link to an ICA file.  Problem is that none of our users currently have
the ICA32 client installed--they have a legacy version of the web client and
activex controls which worked fine with MF1.8, but does not work when trying
to launch an ICA file created w/in CMC without first installing the latest
win32 client which does give them the latest activex controls.  If we could
come up with a way for them to automatically download/install those active x
controls when they click on the link, then that would keep us from having to
manually deploy hundreds of new win32 clients.

Thanks,

Matthew McComas
LAN Technician
RadioShack Corporation