[THIN] Is there a File & Settings Transfer Wizard for Win2k???

  • From: "McBride, Ryan" <McBride@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To:
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:23:43 +1000

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a utilitie that could be used to collect
simple information such as Users Outlook config, Mapped drives, Printers
installed, etc. Im not worried about many settings other than above as this
is for a PC to Citirix Thin Client migration. Currently we just fill out a
form which takes approx 15 mins to document all printers & Mapped drives.
Then there is the process of reconfiguring all of them on the Thin Client.

This is a very large scale rollout so anything that could simpifly the
process some would be extreamly helpful. Any suggestions??? I have tried the
Win XP Pro File & Settings transfer wizard, however AFAIK it will only
import the settings into a box running XP Pro. We are using Win 2k Server
SP3/MetaFrame XP FR2.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

Regards

Ryan McBride
The Thin Client Project Team
CyberNET Group Australia
x6836
0413-984-819

IMPORTANT NOTICES
This email (including any documents referred to in, or attached, to this
email) may contain information that is personal, confidential or the subject
of copyright or other proprietary rights in favour of Aristocrat, its
affiliates or third parties. This email is intended only for the named
addressee. Any privacy, confidence, copyright or other proprietary rights in
favour of Aristocrat, its affiliates or third parties, is not lost because
this email was sent to you by mistake.

If you received this email by mistake you should: (i) not copy, disclose,
distribute or otherwise use it, or its contents, without the consent of
Aristocrat or the owner of the relevant rights; (ii) let us know of the
mistake by reply email or by telephone (+61 2 9413 6300); and (iii) delete
it from your system and destroy all copies.

Any personal information contained in this email must be handled in
accordance with applicable privacy laws.

Electronic and internet communications can be interfered with or affected by
viruses and other defects. As a result, such communications may not be
successfully received or, if received, may cause interference with the
integrity of receiving, processing or related systems (including hardware,
software and data or information on, or using, that hardware or software).
Aristocrat gives no assurances in relation to these matters.

If you have any doubts about the veracity or integrity of any electronic
communication we appear to have sent you, please call +61 2 9413 6300 for
clarification.