[THIN] Re: Invalid Drive E:

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:55:39 +0100

I would suggest taking a look at this registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

There is possibly something being loaded into the registry from a
group policy setting, or maybe from a login script....

A lot of installers look at these when enumerating settings.

Berny

On 17/07/07, Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I keep finding the really wierd problems.   I have a customer who is trying
to install the version 10 web client on a laptop.  The installation bombs
out with the following   "Error 1327 - Invalid Drive E:\ and the
installation is discontinued."  The laptop has no drive E:  And as far as I
know has never had a drive E:\ unless someone had a flash drive plugged in
at some point.  Its a Windows XP machine I believe.
Anyone come across this before?