[THIN] Re: Internet Explorers Enhanced Security Configuration / Trusted Sites issue

  • From: Adam Thompson <adwulf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 01:09:48 +0000

2009/1/19 Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi
>
> I have just installed a Java 1.50 for some Web based apps that require this
> particular Java version.  I have an issue with a few web sites where I get
> the following error:
>
> "You are attempting to download a file from a site that is not part of your
> Trusted Sites and that may be different from the Web site you are viewing

I read something similar recently:

http://blog.scott.willeke.com/2009/01/mozilla-please-enable-firefox-to-be.html

- which was caused by the download site redirecting to different
mirrors -eg you may have trusted download.example.com, but the
download is actually coming from mirror3.europe.example.com or
somesuch.

--
AdamT
"Mac users are THE worst advertisement for their Operating System."