[THIN] Re: "Internet Explorer encountered a problem and needed to close" error on server console login

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:21:52 +1000

Hi

I have not disabled Speedscreen as I dont get the same error on login.  Also
the error only occurs on my freshly built Windows 2003 R2 servers.  I have
older Windows 2003 R2 servers in the same Citrix farm that does not have this
issue so the issue appears to be server specific..  The server configs are
almost identical, same AD Group Policies.  I cannot pinpoint any differences
that may assist with troubleshooting.  Citrix versions are identical.

I have disabled Dr Watson.  Im happy to simply suppress the error but I dont
know how or if the message can be suppressed..

Thanks
Angela

From: salibay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:33:00 +0200
Subject: [THIN] Re: "Internet Explorer encountered a problem and needed to
close" error on server console login

Hi Angela, From the screenshots I see that the speedscreenfilter.dll is
involved in the crash of IE.Do you have speedscreen enabled on a farm/server
level? Can you try to disable it if it’s on? Kind regards,Safdar. From:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Angela Smith
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 11:19 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] "Internet Explorer encountered a problem and needed to close"
error on server console login Hi

Ive recently installed XenApp 5 on Windows 2003 R2 SP2.  We are running Citrix
R06 on all servers.  We are running IE6 on the servers.  When I login to any
server console I get the following error:

Internet Explorer encountered a problem and needed to close.

Error signature
szAppName: IEXPLORE.EXE szAppVer: 6.0.3790.3959
szModName: SpeedScreenFilter.dll szModVer: 4.5.4200.1
offset: 00002406

The above occurs on all my Citrix servers when I login to the console.  The
error is actually occuring at randon times but the error is presented when I
login to the console.

Any ideas on how this can be resolved or how I can suppress the error from
appearing?

Ive attached screenshots of the error

Thanks
Ang Looking for a hot date? View photos of singles in your area!

Need a new place to live? Find it on Domain.com.au
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/