[THIN] Re: Internet Explorer - Won't Open link if IE is open already

  • From: "Anders Hansen-�vre" <Anders.Hansen-Ovre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:18:08 +0100

The Citrix hotfix XE102W029
http://knowledgebase.citrix.com/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe/,/?Session=5888192,U=
1,ST=124,N=0004,K=26754,SXI=6,Case=obj(19675) (LINK WILL WRAP)
Downloadable from ftp://ftp.citrix.com/metaXP/w2k/XE102W029.MSI will
help you with this problem:

Users were sometimes asked if they wanted to make Internet Explorer
their default browser the first time they launched it in an ICA session.
If the users clicked "Yes," content redirection did not always work in
that session.

This problem occurred because the code in a .dll did not change the
following registry value as was intended:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer \Main

Value Name: Check_Associations
Value Type: REG_SZ
Value: no

The code has been moved to an executable and the registry value is now
always changed. Users are no longer asked if they want to make Internet
Explorer their default browser and content redirection works properly.
[From Hotfix XE102W029][#43971]

---
mvh/yours
Anders Hansen-Øvre, Seniorkonsulent