[THIN] Re: Installtion services - solved

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:34:11 -0700

I  am not sure if this one goes under the "Duh" category.  On all three
servers in this particular farm, I use the same name/password for my local
accounts.  When I setup the accounts for IM, I just specified my user name
and password.  I guess IM does not work with pass-through authentication
and synchronized passwords.  By prefacing my account with the domain name
(ie..domain\username), it works.

adam

                    "Joe Shonk"

                    <JShonk@gtcsyst       To:     <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                    ems.com>              cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     [THIN] Re: Installtion
services
                    thin-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    01/02/2003

                    02:28 PM

                    Please respond

                    to thin

Does the IM Service account have adminstrative privledges on the =
Metaframe server?