[THIN] Re: Installshield

  • From: Eric Johnston <wailer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:01:33 -0600

Is this being installed via a session or from the console? It may be a matter of the MSI limitation of not being able to launch from a network drive within a session.

Walter, Chris wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help as I'm going out of my tree. Having problems installing an application that is trying to update the install engine and it is failing with the error message "An error occurred while downloading the file http://www.installengine.com/cert03/isengine/ISScript8.msi"; I have internet access and I can actually go out to this address and update the installer first but the application I am trying to install (Appsight made by Blackbox) keeps trying to go out to this site even though I already updated. I have about 15 servers in a lab all running Windows 2003. 2 of them actually make it through the install and I don't see any differences between the builds. The builds were all done using a scripted CD which makes it even more perplexing. I even ruled out the AD policies by building a server and putting it in an OU that has no policies and had the same problem. I also upgraded the Windows installer to version 3.0 and ran the install for ISSCript8.msi again as well without any luck. Does anybody have

Any ideas before I'm bald from pulling my hair out. I would like to run an application to compare the servers or track where the error is coming from but that is why I am installing Appsight in the first place.

Thanks,

Chris

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
TScale provides a cost-effective way to improve performance, capacity and stability for thin-client servers like Citrix MetaFrame or Microsoft Terminal Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296
********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
http://www.thinwiki.com