[THIN] Re: Installing apps for TS/Citrix via console considered best practises

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:42:29 -0500

In my experience, it's not destructive to install apps from a client. It's
just intermittent. Some apps will not install, others will install and not
work, others will work okay. It's a crapshoot.

VNC has always worked for me as a way of installing apps, service packs,
etc. NetMeeting works as well. Finally, if you are administering a W2K3 box,
RDP with the /console switch works too.

YMMV

Raff