[THIN] Re: Installing New Server

  • From: "Allan Stephens" <algs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:54:26 +0800

No need to stress for moving the data store!

- dsmaint and backup to a network drive mapped on your new datastore server
- create a file dsn on the new datastore server
- dsmaint config <point to the new datastore server's dsn path>
- dsmaint failover to the new datastore server on both servers.
- stop the ima service on the former datastore server
- remove the original MF20.MDB to an offline location
- issue dsmaint recreatelhc on former datastore server
- start ima service on the former datastore server

That should just about do it.

You may need to manually transfer the ZDC role in CMC after this procedure.

Allan.