[THIN] Installing ICA webclient for 1st time from wficat.cab in a user context

  • From: gabriel.j.byrne@xxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:17:47 +0100

Hi all,

I am attempting to install the web client (9.2) automatically the first
time a user connects to W.I 4.2 . this works perfectly under admin
credentials
I need to deploy this client to a lot more users and each time i try to
test this under a simple domain user account i get my list of apps
enumerated in the WI but when i try launch any of them i am prompted to
open/save the launch.ica file.

clicking on the file after does nothing

If i use the same credentials after an admin has installed the client there
is no issue connecting

I have checked that the IE settings for do not save encrypted files to disk
are not checked and also set the browser to delete temporary internet files

These actions have had no effect

If anyone has any suggestions i would be grateful

Regards
Gabriel

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by
 the addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external Email Security System.

Allied Irish Banks