[THIN] Re: Installing Access 2000

  • From: Mark Guzzo <marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:55:11 -0600

OK, I've read the info and I still don't see Access as an option to install.
No matter what I select, Access is not installed.
So I started to make my own .MST file and using the "data1acc.msi" file on
the Office CD. Everything goes well and I save it to TEST.MST  file. I then
try to install using
\\Linux1\cdrom\SETUPSTD.EXE transforms="c:\test.mst"[1] and I get the
installstuff, but no Access.
I then try ..
\\Linux1\cdrom\SETUPACC.EXE transforms="c:\test.mst"[2] and I get the error
stating that Access won't run on Terminal Servers without the proper tools.

If I try to use the "data1std.msi" file to make a .MST file, Access is never
an option.

I really stuck, I have looked on Google, TechNet, TheThin and have no clue
what to do.

Brian Murphy wrote:
You have to customize the file first and your syntax is wrong: Read:
Installing Office 2000 in a Windows Terminal Server Environment
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/prod
technol/termsrv/deploy/depopt/offonwts.asp>[3] -----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4] [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[5]] On
Behalf Of Mark Guzzo Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 10:54 AM To:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[6] Subject: [THIN] Installing Access 2000 I've went to
Microsoft Office site to download the "termsrvr_art.mst" file to install MS
Access 2000. I've tried this installed command...
(\\Linux1\cdrom\setupacc.exe TRANSFORM="C:\termsrvr_art.mst"[7]) but when I
run this ... (\\Linux1\cdrom\setupstd.exe
TRANSFORM="C:\termsrvr_art.mst"[8])it runs, but there is no selection for
Access. I've did a search on TheThin.net but could not find any info on
installing Office 2000. TIA -- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator
"Don't Fear The Penguin."
-- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The Penguin."

--- Links ---
   1 c:\test.mst
   2 c:\test.mst
   3