[THIN] Installation Manager Packager and 64 bit

  • From: "Peterson David" <DPETERSO@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:54:40 -0400

Recently we upgraded to 4.5 Enterprise and I wanted to start using
Installation Manager and the Packager for some of the installs. I had
gone through training at MTM and one of the things that was made quite
clear was that the Packager system should be the same as the servers the
package will be sent to. Since I was going to use 64 bit on my
production servers, my instructor and I worked out the best way for me
to do it in a VM.

However, I now see that the Packager apparently will not work on a 64
bit OS. The documentation says to package on a 32 bit and then deploy on
the 64 bit server which is not what they give as best practice.

Is there a version that works on 64 bit?
NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission from the law firm of Dinsmore & Shohl
may constitute an attorney-client communication that is privileged at law.  It
is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons.
If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete
it from your system without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail,
so that our address record can be corrected.