[THIN] Install/Config IE7

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:26:47 +1000

Hi

Just installed IE7 on Windows 2003R2
Server running XenApp 4.5 x86.  IE7 installed fine but Im having some
issues tweaking it.  Our existing IE6 GPO seems to work OK.  Home
Drive + proxy is being set.  However I don't seem to have any options
in GPO for Phishing.  Does the default inetres.adm file from
Windows 2003R2 SP2 support IE7 or do I need to update it to get the new IE7
features?  I couldn't
find an updated copy on the internet..

Also, are there any specific IE7 "best practice" settings that should be
disabled on Citrix?  Eg Should Phishing be enabled or disabled, Popup blocker
etc??

During the install I enabled the Phishing option
but when I test using a different AD account Im prompted to enable or disable
Phishing. Setting was HKCU only..

Also I will be installing IE7 in batches.
 If I update the ADM's to IE7 (if it exists) will IE6 clients break or will it
simply
ignore IE7 specific settings?

Any assistance appreciated

Thanks