[THIN] Re: Inquiry

  • From: "James Lilly" <lillyj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <beckett.bill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:37:13 -0500

Check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301932

Could it be that DC1 is in the same site as the Terminal Server, and DC2
is not?  :)

If that's the case, could you set the LicenseServers Registry Key
mentioned in the article and point it to the W2K3 licensing server?
(i.e. point the W2K3 server to itself, rather than relying on it
querying AD to find itself?)

Hope this helps;
James

>>> beckett.bill@xxxxxxxxx 03/03/05 2:37 PM >>>
Setup:

Win2K Domain, two DC's...aptly named DC1 and DC2. Also a Win2K3 server
functioning as a Terminal Server. DC1 was the first domain controller
in the domain, DC2 is the 'backup' so to speak. The TS licensing
server is the 2K3 server. Can someone tell me why when I shutdown DC1
and I try to login to the 2K3 terminal server, it tells me it cannot
find an available license server but after I bring DC1 backup I can
login fine?
This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
TScale provides a cost-effective way to improve performance, capacity
and stability for thin-client servers like Citrix MetaFrame or Microsoft
Terminal Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296