[THIN] Re: Input blade environment vs. ESX Virtual environmen t for Citrix

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:51:35 +0100

On 03/06/05, Schneider, Chad M <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No hardware purchases have been made....the decision on direction will cause
> the purchase of hardware, whatever that may be.

So is it just for future expansion, or for a specific project? If
expansion, I'd probably play safe(ish?) and go with blades, if its a
specific project then ESX might be a better choice.

The problem with blades, as people are saying more and more now, if
the fact they produce more heat than standard servers, so you need to
ensure your data centre can take them, too.

Andrew
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH
and certificate management.
http://www.thinprint.com