[THIN] Re: In-place upgrade to Win 2K3

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:38:03 -0700

I think 7.0 or 7.5.   We run Compaq servers.  The DOS SCSI from Compaq's
website lets it see it as a normal drive.  Of course, if restoring to
replacement hardware )of same model), be sure to pre-configure the array.
I use Ghost all the time before making significant changes.  Makes a great
rollback tool.

                      "Matt Kosht"

                      <matt.kosht@arete        To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      ch-is.com>               cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re: In-place
upgrade to Win 2K3
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      12/15/2003 12:04

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Which version of Ghost are you using?

>>> Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/15/2003 1:33:10 PM >>>

Yes,  Symantec takes a cop-out on their website, but it works fine.

                      "Matt Kosht"

                      <matt.kosht@arete        To:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      ch-is.com>               cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re:
In-place upgrade to Win 2K3
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      12/15/2003 11:23

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Ghost works with RAID protected disks?
>>> joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/15/2003 12:52:47 PM >>>
That is why ghost is so great.   Or you could snapshot the applications and
use a package manager to deploy them.

Rebuilding will also give you the chance to script the
installs/configurations.

Joe