[THIN] Incorrect Client name on Windows XP

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:03:08 -0600

Metaframe XPe FR-1, Windows 2000 SP2.
Citrix ICA client 6.31.1051 running on Windows XP.

Some of my ICA sessions as seen in CMC are showing the same client name, =
which I know is false.=20

How does CMC get the client name? There is no WFCNAME.INI file in the =
C:\ directory ... I guess this version of the ICA client doesn't require =
one. I'm concerned we have a problem somewhere in our network. However, =
the users connected to these sessions say everything is fine.

I can see having incorrect and/or duplicate client names could cause a =
problem, so I'd like to figure out what is going on.
This Week's Sponsor: New Wyse(R) Expedian(TM)software maximizes your server
capacity--cost-effectively. Now you can dramatically increase the number of
users on a server by as much as 40%--and reduce the number of servers you have
to manage. By optimizing memory usage, Wyse Expedian software allows the
terminal server to support more applications and more concurrentusers. Download
your 30-day free trial today at:
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=US-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsletterEM