[THIN] Imaging Citrix servers which have had their drives remapped

  • From: Brian Lilley <Brian.Lilley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:15:13 -0000

Hello there me lovelies,

I am about to go on yet another wonderful voyage of discovery by installing
yet another Citrix farm for our Police forces here in the UK.  The last
system we put in, we managed to coble together Altiris images of the farm
blades.  Unfortunately that version of Altiris was unable to image blades
after they'd had their drives remapped.  This forced us to provide scripted
install of metaframe and all the other wonderful goodies.

I understand that the latest version of Altiris will provide images of
Citrix blades after they've been remapped... Does anyone have any experience
of doing this??

Thanks in advance once again,

Brian Lilley
Systems Integration

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended
only for the individuals named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should be aware that any
dissemination, distribution, forwarding or other duplication
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual author
and not necessarily those of Vivista Limited.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message
you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by using the e-mail reply facility.

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Vivista by
MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vivista formerly Securicor Information Systems for further information
http://www.vivista.co.uk

This Week's Sponsor - Chip PC - The Next Step in Thin Client Technology.
Choose from a wide range of options offering industry-leading, innovative thin
client solutions
http://www.chippc.com/products/hardware/index.asp