[THIN] Idle Sessions

  • From: "Armstrong, Robert" <robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 13:50:39 -0400

Greetings,

I can't seem to find much information on session connection states.
"Active" and "Disconnected" are pretty self explanatory, but I'm interested
in learning a little more about the "Idle" state.  Is "Idle" state connected
to the session's "Idle Time" and at some point the session will go into an
Idle state (e.g.a period of inactivity by the user)?  If this is the case,
where can I adjust the idle timeout value?  Also, if an application is
processing a large report for example, and it runs for several hours, will
the session drop into an "idle" state because there was no user activity
from the mouse or keyboard?

Regards,
Rob

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this
message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply e-mail and delete this
message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147