[THIN] Re: IPAQ 3835

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:37:49 -0500

Most wireless networks should use encryption via a Password.  (sometimes 3
passwords) You do need to install the software for the card on the Ipaq from
a PC and a cradle.  The standard compaq password for the compaq hubs comes
as simply the word compaq.  It is NOT the same thing as an Aircard where you
can just pick up a network from someplace.  I am really not aware of any
"public" open wireless networks (but I suppose they exist. You'll need to
know the DES password usually to connect to any wireless network.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net